Shim Ching, MD: Asia Pacific Plastic Surgery
1401 South Beretania Street #888
Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: (808) 585-8855
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Post-Weight Loss Surgery
Although accomplishing significant weight loss is cause for celebration, many bariatric surgery patients are disappointed with the way their bodies look. Skin has been stretched to the point where its elasticity is gone, leaving large amounts of loose, excess skin on the abdomen, back, waist, thighs, breasts, and arms. Pockets of fat remain, as well. Dr. Shim Ching is a board-certified plastic surgeon who understands that you can’t do it all on your own. Through post weight loss body contouring surgery in Honolulu, Hawaii, he and his team will help you along the last stretch of your journey to a healthier, more comfortable, and more confident future.
To get answers about post bariatric body contouring and decide whether it’s for you, request a consultation with Dr. Ching using his online form or call our office at (808) 585-8855 to schedule an appointment.
Which procedures will I need?
Dr. Ching has a specialized interest and extensive experience in body contouring surgery and offers the latest surgical advances. Each patient has his or her own unique needs and goals, but most body contouring cases include liposuction in combination with one or more of the following procedures:
- Arm lift surgery removes excess fat using liposuction and reduces lax “bat wings” through incisions that are concealed along the underside of the arms.
- Thigh lift surgery tightens the inner thighs, outer thighs, or both areas by removing excess skin and fat.
- Body lift surgery, also called a circumferential body lift, provides a firmer, tighter torso all the way around from front to back.
- Tummy tuck surgery removes excess fat and skin and tightens loose abdominal muscles.
- Breast procedures, such as breast reduction, breast lift, and breast augmentation, enhance the shape of the breasts by tightening loose skin, removing excess fat, or restoring lost volume, as needed.
Dr. Shim Ching
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Shim Ching is one of Hawaii’s most renowned physicians for aesthetic procedures of the face, breast, and body. His attention to detail, skill, and mastery of surgical techniques produce remarkable, natural-looking results.MEET DR. CHING
How is the surgery performed?
Dr. Ching will work together with you to develop a surgical plan that addresses all of the areas that you’d like to improve. He will make sure you have maintained a stable weight for at least 3 to 6 months, are healthy enough for surgery, and have realistic expectations for your results. Although all surgical procedures leave scars, Dr. Ching’s weight loss patients typically consider this a worthwhile tradeoff for the improvements they gain in the way they look and feel. An enhanced shape is usually achieved over time with a series of procedures that are performed in stages over several months to optimize your safety and ensure proper healing.
Directions for Our Fly-in Patients
Dr. Shim Ching's exceptional qualifications and results draw patients to his Honolulu plastic surgery practice from across the Hawaiian Islands including Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island. Select a location for driving directions to our practice.