Laser Hair Removal
Dr. Shim Ching offers offers virtually painless hair removal through the use of the latest technology, the revolutionary Soprano® hair removal system. The Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ Soprano laser hair removal system at our Honolulu, Hawaii, office offers hair removal patients an alternative to waxing or electrolysis. Patients visit us from throughout the islands for comfortable treatments that don’t require topical anesthetic, cooling, or other numbing agents. The Soprano laser treats all skin types with speed, comfort and lasting results.
To visit us in Honolulu, Hawaii, for a permanent laser hair removal solution, request a consultation with Dr. Shim Ching, or call our office at (808) 585-8855 to schedule an appointment.
Pre-Treatment Guidelines for Laser Treatments
Please avoid prolonged sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning creams for approximately 48 hours prior to any laser treatment and refrain from using these products throughout the course of the remaining treatments.
- Do not wax or use tweezers in the area for at least 4 weeks prior to your scheduled treatment.
- Please shave the area to be treated prior to the day of the appointment (approximately 12 to 24 hours prior) to ensure a clean, hairless surface. Thick, overlaying hair, if not shaved, will absorb the laser energy and superficial burns can occur.
- Please do not apply deodorant on the day of your appointment.
- Please note: once the decision has been made to begin laser hair removal treatments, please do not tweeze, wax, or use hair removal creams in between treatments. If absolutely necessary, you may only shave the area to be treated.
- Please wait 2 weeks before/after injectable or filler procedures in treatment area.
- Patients with a history of herpes simplex in the treatment area should take preventative medication (such as Zovirax) prior to treatment.
- There may be some discomfort or pain associated with the treatment.
- Gradual recovery of the dermatological condition may take a few months
- There is a small risk or adverse reactions, such as changes in the texture and pigmentation of the skin, which are usually transient.
Our Fly-in Patients
Dr. Shim Ching's exceptional qualifications and results draw patients to his Honolulu plastic surgery practice from across the Hawaiian Islands including Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island. Select a location for driving directions to our practicte.Honolulu International Airport Trump Waikiki Sheraton Waikiki Ala Moana Hotel Airport line Ala Mona Line Trump Line Sheraton Line